Friday, April 30, 2010

a tiny preview...


Yesterday definitely what I would call...

"one of those days"

It started out well..I got up early...went to a yard sales for a few hours and found a truckload of fantastic things - but then it started. The downhill slide that makes your wonderful day just totally crash and burn. You know the kind...where you feel slapped in the face at every turn. Ugh.

So let me get to my point. I promised a preview of my goods for my booth at Kane County Flea Market this weekend...and I didn't want to disappoint. But lets just say an unexpected visit to the ER for my sweet man resulted in some stitches...and my photo preview idea to not turn out as planned.

But, I came through - kinda. With a photos of a whopping 7 of the 78 pieces I am bringing to the show
this weekend. I figured it was better than holding out on you completely.

But brace yourself.

You are about to view some of the worst photos in history. Bad lighting. Lots of shadows. And one very dusty floor at my warehouse. To sum it up...I had exactly 10 minutes to snap as many pictures as I could before the goods all had to be loaded into not one...but two...huge U-haul trucks.

Did I ever tell you this 'painting-furniture-for-your-job' thing was glamorous? If I did - I soooo lied.

But I love it...so here we go.


I am totally crazy, flipping out in love with this H-U-G-E ornate frame. I just finished mounting a mirror in it...and it is stunning. Seriously. I have tons of mirrors for this show, all shapes sized and colors, but this one is just over-the-top!

And the desk...that old girl was rescued from the office at an old horse farm. The drawers were full of old ledgers from the 1950s. Those will be available at my booth at Junk Bonanza this September.


Wouldn't you have been just over-the-moon to have a bed like this as a little girl?? It has wide wood rails, too. So pretty...this one is a full size, but I have 4 twin beds and one more full size coming with me, too!


The desk on the left has a drop front- and the inside is full of little cubbys. Looks a little "Pottery Barn" to me...so glad I chose those handles for it.

And the bookcase...well, I never seem to be able to bring enough of those. I seem to sell every.single.one. They must be hard to find...hmmmm.


There are actually 4 of the chairs on the left. Oh, and there is a matching chair with arms that I have priced separately. I have a dining table, too.

The desk is soooo cute! It is curved...and I had a glass top made for it, too! It dates from the 1940s and is solid Mahogany. (don't freak out wood lovers - it was way beyond being able to be refinishd when I found it.) I have 7 or 8 desks going to this show. Not as many as usual, but I just couldn't seem to squeeze another one this month. But like always, I will be taking custom order...so if there is something you are looking for drop me a line.


I wish I could have photographed more for you! I will try to snap some pics at the show Saturday.

I can't wait to meet all your girls that emailed to tell me you will be at the show! Remember, I will be in the Arena Building...right on the main isle. I have 4 booths so you kinda can't miss me and the sea of furniture.

If you are the praying kind...please add a little thought in for me this weekend...there is a chance of rain! Yikes!

Oh, and for my annoncement I mentioed the other day...hopefully later today. Just ironing out a few details...so check back!

Have a great weekend, girls!

34 comments:

  1. I am in love with that frame!! It is gorgeous! Everything is just beautiful. I hope your loved one is doing better. Have a great show and my prayers are with you for no rain!

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for your weekend, Mary! Your furniture looks fabulous and I...am thinkin' about going to Junk Bonanza! Woohoo!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there are so many beautiful pieces here! Love the desks and the drop front cabinet. They look wonderful done up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic furniture!! The frame is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all that bummerness going on you still managed to photograph beautifully and love all your work! Amazing pieces! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it's not too serious for your husband, and no your floor doesn't look at all dusty! Beautiful pieces here, love the bed. Hope the sale goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could possibly kill for the frame...pity I live in another country!!!!! Your pieces look amazing but please don't tell me a piece is solid mahogany I want to grab it strip it back and french polish it back to original...how bad is that tee hee !!! Best of luck with the show and hope the stitches did the job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be praying...and praying for no rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever happened to your poor husband can't be good. 4 booths? My goodness you are busy. It all looks fantastic. Wishing you a great weekend with BIG sales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear things have been difficult and that your husband was hurt. Prayers and well wishes that things improve greatly for you both.
    As always your work is beautiful. I have chairs like those (and a table and hutch)but am to chicken to paint them! lol I'm sure you'll have much success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your hubby....ouch! Anyway I thought your pictures were great and that mirror, omg that won't last long. Hope you have a fantastic sale.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my - how I wish I could be there. Come to Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your day and your hubby...sending you a great big hug! Okay, I soooo want to come to your show, these are amazing! Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a GREAT show, your painted furniture is inspiring! That HUGE mirror looks amazing!!!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That first desk with the silver handles is perfect...well...actually...everything looks amazing...sigh...why couldn't you live closer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...and I'm emailing you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary everything looks so pretty, you did a wonderful job, I hope you get photos of your booth cause I am sure it will be smashing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting Mary...I've got to get up there one of these weekends:) You are so wonderfully talented so talented!!! Have a great successful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are one talented lady! It all looks gorgeous. I know it will clear out right away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I hate "those days"! Hopefully, your weekend makes up for it, weather and all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't make it to your booth and I was there! When my step mom and I are shopping we are so slow looking at everything and taking forever to make a decision! Your furniture is so pretty, glad it was a nice day for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! This furniture is absolutely gorgeous!!! Would go perfect in the recent house I reviewed. I would love it if you took a look:

    http://beafunmum.com/2010/09/home-vintage-meets-modern-decorating/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad I found your blog today! I love finding vintage furniture and fixing it up to give it a new life. Definitely will be following your blog from now on!

    ~SW

    ReplyDelete
  25. I learned a very good lesson from this article and that is some learning experience we can not encountered it. For me It is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree that massive frame is stunning.

    The problem of praying for no rain is that there is always a farmer doing the opposite!

    x Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic and Brilliant article post, i was seeing for this information on google while i found your info, unquestionably i like your blog post !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Excellent article. I think the furniture even though you call junk collection seems antique to me and looks to be good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone should read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These tips proved very useful for me and for this, I really want to mention thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete